Delany and McGrath on Civil Procedure, 4th Edition by Hilary Delany, Declan McGrath and Emily Egan McGrath
Author: Hilary Delany
Author: Declan McGrath
Author: Emily Egan McGrath
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 31/03/2018
The fourth edition of Delany and McGrath on Civil Procedure provides comprehensive analysis of the main areas of civil practice and procedure in the Superior Courts. It contains in depth commentary on the key aspects of procedure in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court and refers to relevant case law, primary and secondary legislation and practice directions.
- Contains comprehensive analysis of relevant case law, legislation, statutory instruments and practice directions relating to aspects of civil procedure
- Includes extensive analysis of various aspects of civil procedure such as the commencement and service of proceedings, pleadings, summary and special summons procedures, the trial of plenary actions, the procedure in personal injury actions and in the Commercial List and the bringing of appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Examines interlocutory applications such as discovery, interrogatories, security for costs, dismissal of proceedings and the addition of third parties
- Contains in depth analysis of judicial review applications, the procedure governing proceedings by way of case stated, and the recognition and enforcement of judgments under the Brussels Convention
- All chapters have been revised and updated to take account of developments since the publication of the previous edition in 2012
- A new chapter has been added on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The procedure relating to appeals to the Court of Appeal and both normal and leapfrog appeals to the Supreme Court is analysed in detail
About the Authors
Hilary Biehler is Professor of Law at Trinity College, Dublin
Declan McGrath is a Senior Counsel.
Emily Egan McGrath is a practising barrister.